Subject: bug#5480: closed (Re: threads not expanded when entering a group)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 21:13:04 +0000

Your bug report

#5480: threads not expanded when entering a group

which was filed against the emacs,gnus package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
5480: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=5480
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: threads not expanded when entering a group
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
To: "Jose A. Ortega Ruiz" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 23:06:10 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

"Jose A. Ortega Ruiz" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Using Gnus/5.13 from Emacs/23.1.91 (debian's emacs-snapshot package),
> i've been having a problem during the last couple of months: when a
> group (either mail or news) has a ticked message and its thread has a
> new mail, upon entering the group, i see the new message in the message
> buffer, but the thread is not expanded in the summary:

The default action in Gnus is not to expand any threads or fetch any
extra headers needed to display threads, but there are many variables to
control this, like gnus-fetch-old-headers etc.  The manual has the details.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  [email-masked] * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen

Subject: threads not expanded when entering a group
From: "Jose A. Ortega Ruiz" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 10:28:05 +0100
Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.bug
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Using Gnus/5.13 from Emacs/23.1.91 (debian's emacs-snapshot package),
i've been having a problem during the last couple of months: when a
group (either mail or news) has a ticked message and its thread has a
new mail, upon entering the group, i see the new message in the message
buffer, but the thread is not expanded in the summary: actually, i need
to press 'T s' (or call gnus-summary-show-thread) *twice* to finally
expand the thread in the summary. This is not happening in the 23.1
release.

Thanks!
jao