Subject: Re: bug#54796: [PATCH v3 00/22] Add importer for hex.pm and rebar3 build-system for Erlang

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 May 2022 22:48:09 +0200

Hello,

Hartmut Goebel <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Am 29.04.22 um 15:13 schrieb Ludovic Courtès:
>>> +(define-module (guix hexpm-download)
>>> +  #:use-module (srfi srfi-26)
>>> +  #:export (hexpm-package-url
>>> +            hexpm-uri))
>> How about moving these two procedures to (guix build-system rebar3)?
>> This is what is done in similar cases, for example with ‘pypi-uri’.
>>
> These definitions are combined in this module, since the WIP
> „mix-build-system“ (for Elixir) will also use it.

OK.

> Do you want me to move this into the respective build-system modules
> and thus duplicate the data?

We don’t want to duplicate it, but it might still make sense to have
them in (guix build-system rebar3) and have it imported by (guix
build-system mix) if needed.

At least I have a slight preference for this over having a short
top-level module ‘just’ for these two procedures.

Thanks,
Ludo’.