Subject: Re: [bug#54796] [PATCH v4 00/22] Add importer for hex.pm and rebar3 build-system for Erlang

From: Hartmut Goebel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 14:56:37 +0200

Am 11.04.22 um 14:04 schrieb Maxime Devos:
> If rebar2, rebar3 and rebar4 would require completely different phases
> and use different file formats or such, IMO a separate build system
> (and hence, a 2, 3 or 4 suffix) may be useful.

It took some time to come to a conclusion for me on this:

I'm going to rename it into „rebar-build-system“ (without the number). 
If need arises for some rebar4-build-system, we can still think about 
adding „rebar3-build-system” as an alias.

Rational:

I assume, some rebar2 and rebar4 build-systems would have the same 
phases. „Just” commands might be different. Eg. rebar2 did just 
„compile“ while rebar3 can have „as prod compile“ — which could be 
handled with different means.

-- 
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | [email-masked]               |
| www.crazy-compilers.com | compilers which you thought are impossible |