Subject: Re: bug#54796: [PATCH v3 00/22] Add importer for hex.pm and rebar3 build-system for Erlang

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 15:06:16 +0200

Hi,

Hartmut Goebel <[email-masked]> skribis:

> * guix/build-system/rebar3.scm, guix/build/rebar3-build-system.scm: New files.
> * Makefile.am (MODULES): Add them.

Please mention the guix.texi changes here.

> +@defvr {Scheme Variable} rebar3-build-system
> +This variable is exported by @code{(guix build-system rebar3)}.  It
> +implements a build procedure around @code{rebar3}.

Please provide a bit more context, like: “[…] around
@uref{http://example.org,rebar3}, a build system for programs written in
the Erlang language.”

> +source.  If this file exists, it will be unpacked, too.  This eases
> +handling of package hosted by @i{hex.pm}.

Rather: “hosted at @uref{https://hex.pm/}, the Erlang package
repository.”

> +       (lambda (*)
> +         (for-each
> +          (lambda (dirname)
> +            (let ((src-dir (string-append lib-dir "/" * "/" dirname))
> +                  (dst-dir (string-append pkg-dir "/" dirname)))
> +              (when (file-exists? src-dir)
> +                (copy-recursively src-dir dst-dir #:follow-symlinks? #t))
> +              (false-if-exception
> +               (delete-file (string-append dst-dir "/.gitignore")))))
> +          '("ebin" "include" "priv")))

“ebin” and “priv” are non-standard directory names.  It would be ideal
to avoid them, unless this is a hard requirement for Erlang/rebar3?

Otherwise LGTM!

Thanks,
Ludo’.