Subject: Re: [bug#54796] [PATCH v3 13/22] gnu: Add erlang-relx.

From: Hartmut Goebel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 17:32:25 +0200

Am 09.04.22 um 13:43 schrieb Maxime Devos:
> Hartmut Goebel schreef op vr 08-04-2022 om 19:03 [+0200]:
>> +    (description "Relx assembles releases for an Erlang/OTP release.  Given a
> What does ‘Erlang/OTP’ mean here?  Is it like "make dist", or more like
> "cargo publish", or "git tag v1.2.3"?

OTP is a collection of middleware, libraries, and tools written in 
Erlang programming language (Wikipedia, 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Telecom_Platform). AFAIU it's much 
like the Java run-time engine plus libraries.

So „Erlang/OTP” is a standing term in the Erlang and Elixir world. Thus 
I would keep it, expecting that Erlang developers understand this.

I can't explain what this library does — all I know is: it's a 
dependency of rebar3.

-- 
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | [email-masked]               |
| www.crazy-compilers.com | compilers which you thought are impossible |