Subject: [bug#54796] [PATCH v3 13/22] gnu: Add erlang-relx.

From: Hartmut Goebel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 17:18:20 +0200

Am 09.04.22 um 13:45 schrieb Maxime Devos:
> erlang-relx looks like some kind of tool that can be run and not a
> library. … Can the 'erlang-' prefix be dropped?

The github repo says: „|relx| is a library used by rebar3“. Thus I'd 
keep the „erlang-“ prefix.

> Does the input need to be propagated?

AFAIK: Like for Python, run-time dependencies of Erlang *libraries* need 
to be propagated. Erlang does not actually have a notion of „library“. 
It's more like Rust where all all dependent sources are expected to be 
available at build-time and then put into the „executable“. Basically 
this is statically linked, so only developers/package-builders are 
effected by this propagation.

Would be great if some experienced Erlang developer would show up and 
show a solution without needing to propagate.

-- 
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          [email-masked]                |
|www.crazy-compilers.com  | compilers which you thought are impossible |