Subject: bug#54794: Clarify licence of guix.gnu.org screenshots

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2022 21:24:59 +0200

Tobias Geerinckx-Rice via Bug reports for GNU Guix schreef op vr 08-04-
2022 om 18:15 [+0200]:
> On 2022-04-08 18:01, Tobias Geerinckx-Rice via Bug reports for GNU Guix 
> wrote:
> > or CC0
> 
> …was probably a stupid suggestion, as some of these images embed at 
> least the CC-BY-SA 4.0 GNU Guix logo.
> 
> (One wonders: are screenshots of incompatibly-licenced software 
> artworks… illegal?)
> 

Wikimedia people have thought about things like this:
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Screenshots>.

AFAICT they haven't looked into what happens if its a screenshot of
multiple sofware things with incompatible licenses (e.g. some GPL-2-
only and some GPL-3-only software) though ...

Greetings,
Maxime.