Subject: bug#54775: debbugs uses functions not available in Emacs 25.1

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2022 10:26:32 +0200

Jonas Bernoulli <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Jonas,

>> I see. I'll try to make debbugs compatible with Emacs 25, but it might
>> take some days ...
>
> You don't have to do that for me!  I don't use debbugs *while* checking
> whether my packages are still backward compatible.  I just happen to
> recompile every package that I have installed when I do that (except for
> those that I have already added to my list of packages that are not
> backward compatible).
>
> I just described how I came across those warnings. I reported to inform
> the maintainers that they should do *something* about it.  I didn't mean
> to imply that in those situations I have an urgent need for debbugs to
> be usable.  Depending on a more recent Emacs would be perfectly fine
> with me.

Thanks for being kind :-)

Finally, I've lifted the requirement to Emacs 26.1. This seems to be a
good compromise between not losing too many users, and applying minimal
changes.

Releaaed as debbugs 0.32.

>      Jonas

Best regards, Michael.