Subject: bug#54775: debbugs uses functions not available in Emacs 25.1

From: Jonas Bernoulli <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2022 23:55:20 +0200

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

> Jonas Bernoulli <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> Hi Jonas,
>
>> Hell no!  But there are people who want to use an ancient Emacsen (or
>> are being forced to do so by their employer) but also the very latest
>> Magit, so I am forced to occasionally check if things still work in 25.
>> When doing that I also have to recompile other packages and ran into
>> this issue.
>
> I see. I'll try to make debbugs compatible with Emacs 25, but it might
> take some days ...

You don't have to do that for me!  I don't use debbugs *while* checking
whether my packages are still backward compatible.  I just happen to
recompile every package that I have installed when I do that (except for
those that I have already added to my list of packages that are not
backward compatible).

I just described how I came across those warnings. I reported to inform
the maintainers that they should do *something* about it.  I didn't mean
to imply that in those situations I have an urgent need for debbugs to
be usable.  Depending on a more recent Emacs would be perfectly fine
with me.

     Jonas