Subject: Re: bug#54751: Parted 3.4 complains about the partition layout of ChromeOS: "Can't have overlapping partitions"

From: "Brian C. Lane" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2023 11:08:59 -0800

On Thu, Dec 29, 2022 at 12:43:32AM +0100, Ignacy Kuchciński wrote:
> Hello developers,
> 
> Replying to thread
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-parted/2022-04/msg00001.html
> It seems like there's already a patch for this issue:
> https://www.mail-archive.com/[email-masked]/msg00196.html
> 
> Is there anything left to work on to fix this? Apart from Clonezilla
> problems, this bug results in inability to see the partition layout of
> disks with ChromeOS installed in anaconda and ubiquity installers and
> prevents edits in GNOME Disks. Judging from the positive responses to
> the patch, it seems it just slipped through the cracks. I hope it's
> still the right solution.

I have it on my list of things for the new year, but I'd like to get
more feedback on it. It looks simple enough, but you know how that can
go... :)

Thanks,

Brian

-- 
Brian C. Lane (PST8PDT) - weldr.io - lorax - parted - pykickstart