Subject: bug#54750: closed (Re: bug#54750: (gnu packages racket) assumes that (ice-9 exceptions) exist, breaks pulling from old Guix)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2022 10:31:02 +0000

Your bug report

#54750: (gnu packages racket) assumes that (ice-9 exceptions) exist, breaks pulling from old Guix

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
54750: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=54750
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#54750: (gnu packages racket) assumes that (ice-9 exceptions) exist, breaks pulling from old Guix
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Cc: Giovanni Biscuolo <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2022 12:30:15 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

For some reason I had not seen this issue earlier; too bad it remained
for this long.

This is now fixed in 8918ce6d1622303465e716ae491b8e5124c7aece.

Thanks,
Ludo’.

Subject: compute-guix-derivation failing
From: Michael Chirillo <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2022 12:54:18 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

I'm following these instructions (
https://gist.github.com/giuliano108/49ec5bd0a9339db98535bc793ceb5ab4) to
get guix up and running in WSL2 on Windows 11.

Everything worked until guix pull at which point I get the following error:

*/mnt/c/Tools/WSL/guix # guix pullaccepted connection from pid 736, user
rootUpdating channel 'guix' from Git repository at
'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'.
<https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'.>..Building from this channel:
guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
<https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git>   e3e3381Computing Guix
derivation for 'x86_64-linux'... -Backtrace:In ice-9/eval.scm:   721:20 19
(primitive-eval (define-module (gnu packages racket) #:use-module (guix
packages) #:use-module (# #) # ?))In ice-9/psyntax.scm:  1262:36 18
(expand-top-sequence ((define-module (gnu packages racket) #:use-module
(guix packages) #:use-module ?)) ?)  1209:24 17 (parse _ (("placeholder"
placeholder)) ((top) #(ribcage () () ())) _ e (eval) (hygiene #{ g317}#))
 285:10 16 (parse _ (("placeholder" placeholder)) (()) _ c&e (eval)
(hygiene #{ g317}#))In ice-9/eval.scm:   293:34 15 (_ #<module (#{ g317}#)
7f39b712db40>)In ice-9/boot-9.scm:   2874:4 14 (define-module* _ #:filename
_ #:pure _ #:version _ #:imports _ #:exports _ #:replacements _ # _ # _ # _
?)  2887:24 13 (_)   222:29 12 (map1 (((guix packages)) ((guix download))
((guix git-download)) ((guix utils)) ((guix gexp)) ((# ?)) ?))   222:29 11
(map1 (((guix download)) ((guix git-download)) ((guix utils)) ((guix gexp))
((guix build-system #)) # ?))   222:29 10 (map1 (((guix git-download))
((guix utils)) ((guix gexp)) ((guix build-system copy)) ((guix # gnu)) #
?))   222:29  9 (map1 (((guix utils)) ((guix gexp)) ((guix build-system
copy)) ((guix build-system gnu)) ((srfi #)) # ?))   222:29  8 (map1 (((guix
gexp)) ((guix build-system copy)) ((guix build-system gnu)) ((srfi srfi-1))
((srfi #)) # ?))   222:29  7 (map1 (((guix build-system copy)) ((guix
build-system gnu)) ((srfi srfi-1)) ((srfi srfi-26)) ((# #)) # ?))   222:29
 6 (map1 (((guix build-system gnu)) ((srfi srfi-1)) ((srfi srfi-26))
((ice-9 match)) ((ice-9 #)) ((# #)) ?))   222:29  5 (map1 (((srfi srfi-1))
((srfi srfi-26)) ((ice-9 match)) ((ice-9 exceptions)) ((gnu packages)) ((#
?)) ?))   222:29  4 (map1 (((srfi srfi-26)) ((ice-9 match)) ((ice-9
exceptions)) ((gnu packages)) ((gnu packages #)) ((?)) ?))   222:29  3
(map1 (((ice-9 match)) ((ice-9 exceptions)) ((gnu packages)) ((gnu packages
autotools)) ((gnu # #)) # ?))   222:17  2 (map1 (((ice-9 exceptions)) ((gnu
packages)) ((gnu packages autotools)) ((gnu packages bash)) ((# ?)) ?))
 2803:6  1 (resolve-interface _ #:select _ #:hide _ #:prefix _ #:renamer _
#:version _)In unknown file:           0 (scm-error misc-error #f "~A ~S"
("no code for module" (ice-9 exceptions)) #f)*

*ERROR: In procedure scm-error:no code for module (ice-9 exceptions)guix
pull: error: You found a bug: the program
'/gnu/store/a8v174c0kfh91wgbyr34ghb7lisdbcm7-compute-guix-derivation'failed
to compute the derivation for Guix (version:
"e3e3381fdbc56f351063d9b4a49e99645b20d7d3"; system: "x86_64-linux";host
version: "1.1.0"; pull-version: 1).Please report the COMPLETE output above
by email to <[email-masked] <[email-masked]>>.*

I'm sending the bug report to you. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Thank you!

-- 
*Michael Chirillo, MD, PhD*
[email-masked] <[email-masked]>*