Subject: [bug#54744] [PATCH] Update gstreamer and its families to 1.20.1.

From: Zhu Zihao <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2022 23:34:29 +0800

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I checked the ugly and good and gst-libav, they do rely on
>> gst-plugins-base, but no propagation needed. I don't find a reason
>> that they really requires propagation, because their content just a
>> so file.
>> Gstreamer in Nixpkgs also don't have propagations for above packages.
> I personally found that missing these GstElements at runtime can screw
> you up.  If that is no longer the case, then fair enough, but you need
> to prove that by launching a gst pipeline using a plugin from e.g. gst-
> plugins-good without having gst-plugins-base in your GST paths.

Re-check the source code of good,ugly,gst-libav. It looks that some good
plugins will use gst_element_factory_make to create element in base,
It's reasonable for gst-plugins-good to propagates
gst-plugins-base(propagation of gstreamer is not neeeded, I think)

But for ugly and gst-libav. I don't see such code in their source code.
So It's better to remove their propagated-inputs.

-- 
Retrieve my PGP public key:

  gpg --recv-keys D47A9C8B2AE3905B563D9135BE42B352A9F6821F

Zihao