Subject: bug#54730: closed (Re: bug#54730: 28.1; vhdl-update-sensitivity-list not working in Windows)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2022 18:19:01 +0000

Your bug report

#54730: 28.1; vhdl-update-sensitivity-list not working in Windows

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
54730: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=54730
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#54730: 28.1; vhdl-update-sensitivity-list not working in Windows
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Cyril Arnould <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2022 21:18:09 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Cyril Arnould <[email-masked]>
> CC: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2022 17:53:20 +0000
> 
> Nice, it’s working!

Thanks, I installed this on the emacs-28 branch, so it will appear in
Emacs 28.2.

> Too bad this didn’t make it into the 28.1 release, I guess I should
> have tested more. So for now the solution is to keep the
> vhdl-mode.el locally until it finds its way into a maintenance
> release?

Yes.

I'm therefore closing this bug.  Thanks for the easy test case, it
made the debugging a no-brainer.

Subject: 28.1; vhdl-update-sensitivity-list not working in Windows
From: Cyril Arnould <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2022 16:17:37 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

vhdl-update-sensitivity-list is not working anymore in Windows. I
have a very simple process:

  -- Flip Flops
  p_memzing : process (Clk_CI, Rst_RBI)
  begin
    if Rst_RBI = '0' then               -- asynchronous reset (active low)
      BlockCount_DP <= (others => '0');
      Length_DP     <= (others => '0');
    elsif Clk_CI'event and Clk_CI = '1' then  -- rising clock edge
      BlockCount_DP <= BlockCount_DN;
      Length_DP     <= Length_DN;
    end if;
  end process p_memzing;

If I execute vhdl-update-sensitivity-list-process, I get the error
message "Symbol’s value as variable is void: proc-end". If I execute
vhdl-update-sensitivity-list-buffer instead, I get no error message but
the sensitivity list is not updated properly, e.g. if I delete Clk_CI
from the sensitivity list, it is not added back.

This problem occurs in both natively-compiled VHDL mode as well as
byte-compiled VHDL mode. I have also deleted my .emacs configuration
file to reproduce the bug in a more vanilla environment. This was
working fine under Emacs 27.2.

In GNU Emacs 28.1 (build 52, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
of 2022-04-04 built on AVALON
Repository revision: 5a223c7f2ef4c31abbd46367b6ea83cd19d30aa7
Repository branch: heads/emacs-28.1
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.19044
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (v10.0.2009.19044.1586)

Configured using:
'configure --without-dbus --with-native-compilation
--without-compress-install CFLAGS=-O2'

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY W32NOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
XPM ZLIB

(NATIVE_COMP present but libgccjit not available)

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: DES
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: VHDL

Minor modes in effect:
  delete-selection-mode: t
  cua-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils cus-start cus-load delsel cua-base
time-date subr-x cl-loaddefs cl-lib vc-dispatcher vc-svn vhdl-mode
hippie-exp compile text-property-search comint ansi-color ring
iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table
term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice
button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 93119 15570)
(symbols 48 10242 1)
(strings 32 31838 2138)
(string-bytes 1 976465)
(vectors 16 17355)
(vector-slots 8 268523 16886)
(floats 8 39 323)
(intervals 56 742 0)
(buffers 992 13))