Subject: bug#54724: No reply "mailto:" links on bugreport pages

From: Max Nikulin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2022 23:38:01 +0700

On 05/04/2022 22:11, Glenn Morris wrote:
> Max Nikulin wrote:
> 
>> Upstream debbugs instance has "reply" link for each message of a bug
>> report, see e.g.
>>
>> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=956712
> 
> This was intentionally removed from debbugs.gnu.org to reduce spam.

A couple of additional considerations:

If you are really worrying concerning spam, you may add rel="nofollow" 
to each hyperlink found in user messages. It is an upstream issue
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1009036
but it seems Debian administrators can deal better with spam, e.g. mail 
lists are not premoderated and allow post from non-subscribed users. So 
this issue may have higher priority for debbugs.gnu.org than for upstream.

Just as for the debian server, default file name to open a particular 
message though "mbox" link has .mbox suffix, not ".eml" one. As a result 
there is a problem to open such file in thunderbird.
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1009181
For bugs.debian.org it is mostly a cosmetic problem since they have 
"reply" links. For the debbugs.gnu.org it is noticeable inconvenience 
for users.