Subject: [bug#54723] [PATCH] Check URI when verifying narinfo validity.

From: Guillaume Le Vaillant <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 08:54:00 +0000

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Woow.  How do you build and run ‘guix publish’?  Is it a distro package
> or is it coming straight from Guix?  What command-line options are you
> passing?
>
> I’ve never seen this, although we have it running on several servers,
> notably ci.guix.  I wonder what could cause this.
>
> Thanks,
> Ludo’.

I'm using guix-publish-service-type in the operating-system definition
to manage the "guix publish" server, using the on-the-fly mode and
fast Zstandard compression:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(service guix-publish-service-type
         (guix-publish-configuration
          (host "0.0.0.0")
          (port 8080)
          (compression '(("zstd" 3)))
          (advertise? #t)))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

When booting the machine, shepherd starts the server with the following
command-line options:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
/gnu/store/059svbd32i4s0l9s5i7z0krcnl666bjy-guix-1.3.0-24.2fb4304/libexec/guix/guile \ /gnu/store/059svbd32i4s0l9s5i7z0krcnl666bjy-guix-1.3.0-24.2fb4304/bin/guix publish -u guix-publish -p 8080 -C zstd:3 --nar-path=nar --listen=0.0.0.0 --advertise
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

There's another report about this at <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/53668>
I had forgotten about, where Simon Streit and Maxim Cournoyer indicate
that they have seen this issue too.