Subject: [bug#54703] [PATCH 3/3] gnu: wpewebkit: Update to 2.36.0.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2022 20:26:18 -0400

Hello,

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

> Am Montag, dem 04.04.2022 um 00:17 -0400 schrieb Maxim Cournoyer:
>> * gnu/packages/webkit.scm (wpewebkit): Update to 2.36.0, rewriting
>> package to
>> inherit from webkitgtk.

[...]

>> +(define-public wpewebkit
>> +  (package
>> +    (inherit webkitgtk)
>> +    (name "wpewebkit")
>> +    (synopsis "WebKit port optimized for embedded devices")
>> +    (description "WPE WebKit allows embedders to create simple and
>> performant
>> +systems based on Web platform technologies.  It is designed with
>> hardware
>> +acceleration in mind, leveraging common 3D graphics APIs for best
>> performance.")
>> +    (home-page "https://wpewebkit.org/")
>> +    (properties '((cpe-name . "wpe_webkit")))))

> You're not packaging WPEWebkit here, you are packaging WebkitGTK and
> labelling it WPEWebkit.

Hmm, indeed :-) Thanks for catching that.  A v2 will follow.

Thank you!

Maxim