Subject: Re: bug#54702: 29.0.50; ruby-mode indentation: endless methods

From: Aaron Jensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 08:12:09 -0500

On Fri, Dec 16, 2022 at 7:31 AM Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Right, thanks. See the attached updated patch.

That works. I found another inconsistency related to the other issue I
just opened:

def foo(
      baz,
      bar
) = what

def foo(
      baz,
      bar
    )
  hello
end

I don't know who is savage enough to do a multi-line endless method
like that, but when it's done the closing paren should probably be
consistent w/ the regular method closing paren.

> Yeah, it looks promising, but let's see how it goes.
>
> And there is a certain barrier to compiling the tree-sitter stuff, so
> we'll probably need to maintain the current/pure version in parallel for
> a while.

Indeed, it took me a while to even find reference to documentation on
it and I was looking explicitly, so there's work to be done there for
sure.

Aaron