Subject: Re: bug#54702: 29.0.50; ruby-mode indentation: endless methods

From: Aaron Jensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 19:58:42 -0400

On Tue, Apr 26, 2022 at 10:44 PM Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Thanks for the report.
>
> I'll work on this further, but here's a quick-and-dirty patch to fix the
> indentation problems.

Great, thank you. I've since moved back to enh-ruby-mode and I was
able to patch it to support this (though that project appears to be
currently not accepting contributions). I'd probably use ruby-mode if
it supported indenting long parameter/argument lists the way the
non-smie version does, like this:

def some_method(
  some_param,
  some_other_param
)

I believe I've seen you imply concerns about enh-ruby-mode -- do you
have any aside from the fact that it's not in core and it requires a
ruby process? It's mostly worked well for me, but I don't know what I
don't know.

Thanks,

Aaron