Subject: bug#54691: [PATCH 2/5] gnu: Add fortunes-jkirchartz.

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 22:53:59 +0200

Am Samstag, dem 23.07.2022 um 21:56 +0200 schrieb Maxime Devos:
> On 23-07-2022 17:11, Liliana Marie Prikler wrote:
> 
> > +        (revision "2022.05.23"))        ; Use a date rather than a
> > number
> 
> This is a technically a possibility, but currently the convention is
> to use numbers and the number convention is expected by (guix
> upstream) and the (not yet merged, needs some finishing touches IIRC)
> latest-git updater, and AFAIK there hasn't been any discussion on
> switching to dates.
In this case I am departing from the usual convention because I think
calendar versioning is more useful for this type of content.  Given the
issue that lead to this patch at all, I'm not sure if support for
automatic updates would be a good idea with this package.  IMHO, it's a
feature rather than a bug that you can't accidentally pull a third of
BSD's offensive database, were it to ever land in this repo.

Should I explain this thought more clearly in the package or do
automatic updates trump ethical concerns?