Subject: bug#54691: fortune-mod propagates various non-nice things

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 20:50:11 +0200

On 20-07-2022 18:57, Liliana Marie Prikler wrote:

> Would you be willing to do a complete evaluation of this database?  If
> you find that it is indeed better than the one packaged by shlomifish,
> replacing them would be easy.  First, add a snippet to the origin of
> fortune-mod to delete the datfiles, second add a phase to install
> JKirchartz'.

I looked diagonally through the files, and almost all of them seem fine. 
The rest seems to be more a manner of difference in opinion and context 
(e.g., see Bakunin on the State and on religion). The closest thing to 
something like 'stupid users' seems to be in ComputerDictionary, but it 
seems rather mild and doesn't hint at some kind of superiority. 
FerengiRulesOfAcquisition is ... nothing I would recommend, but mild and 
doesn't really target anyone and also, context.

There's also some 'my programming language is better than your 
language', but those aren't serious IIUC.

It's not an exhaustive check, but so far the JKirchartz fortunes seem to 
be well so far, so I'm not expecting large problems with the rest, maybe 
tiny ones at worst.

Greetings,
Maxime