Subject: bug#54691: fortune-mod propagates various non-nice things

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 20:54:12 +0200

On 14-07-2022 16:55, Maxim Cournoyer wrote:
> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> Those who respect women, gays, and people of color may prefer
> to either remove the .dat file (which keeps the strings, but makes them
> inaccessible via the fortune program), or to delete these files altogether.
> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
>
> I now think we should act on it:-)
>
> Would you like to prepare a patch stripping out the offensive database
> file?

Unfortunately, these kind 'fortunes' are not limited to the 'off' 
section, so this is not sufficient -- they also appear outside. I also 
already provided a patch for removing some of the bad fortunes, but it 
was rejected upstream. Even then, that was for only one of the fortunes, 
most likely there are a lot more bad fortunes that aren't contained in 
the 'off' section. I am not interested in going through every fortune to 
filter out the bad ones, so I will not prepare a patch.

Greetings,
Maxime