Subject: bug#54691: fortune-mod propagates various non-nice things

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2022 19:09:17 +0200

Hi Ludo,

Am Mittwoch, dem 03.08.2022 um 15:43 +0200 schrieb Ludovic Courtès:
> [...]
> > -(define-public fortune-mod
> 
> (Perhaps also make “fortune-mod” a deprecated name for
> “fortune-jkirchartz”.)
I'm getting mixed messages here.  On the one hand, Maxime suggests not
propagating daikichi from fortune-jkirchartz (which makes it a plain
data package lacking a `fortune' command), on the other we want to mark
fortune-mod as deprecated.  These are mutually exclusive options.

> FWIW I’m fine with this change.  Note that there’s also another patch
> that removes the ‘off’ database of ‘fortune-mod’¹, though I don’t
> know whether that would fully address the issues raised in this
> thread.  It will have to closed if/once this series is applied.
IIRC, I responded to such a patch already, though perhaps not that
thread in particular.  To summarize, fortune-mod also propagates non-
nice things outside of ‘off’, so removing it is not enough.

Cheers