Subject: bug#54691: fortune-mod propagates various non-nice things

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2022 15:43:25 +0200

Hi,

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Since the addition of fortune-jkirchartz, it is no longer necessary to
> keep around a package that propagates various non-nice things.
> For a complete list, see <https://bugs.gnu.org/54691>.
>
> * gnu/packages/games.scm (fortune-mod): Delete variable.

[...]

> -(define-public fortune-mod

(Perhaps also make “fortune-mod” a deprecated name for
“fortune-jkirchartz”.)

FWIW I’m fine with this change.  Note that there’s also another patch
that removes the ‘off’ database of ‘fortune-mod’¹, though I don’t know
whether that would fully address the issues raised in this thread.  It
will have to closed if/once this series is applied.

Thanks,
Ludo’.

¹ https://issues.guix.gnu.org/56599