Subject: bug#54691: [PATCH 2/5] gnu: Add fortunes-jkirchartz.

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 23:52:17 +0200

Hi,

Am Samstag, dem 23.07.2022 um 23:41 +0200 schrieb Maxime Devos:
> 
> However, that's was I was trying to say -- what I tried to say, is
> that by sorting the inputs incorrectly it _becomes_ not
> cross-compilable, so once daikichi supports cross-compilation you
> (generic you, not you in particular) will have to modify the package
> to move daikichi to native-inputs, and in the mean time people are
> misled by this package definition on how native / non-native works.
Fair enough, I'll include it in the native-inputs.

> Even better would be if daikichi had a cross-compiler mode, where you
> can compile to another endianness or size. (Or simpler, work with a
> fixed endianness and integer size such that cross-compilation
> concerns disappear entirely, but there's more than one way to do it.)
We're speaking of a hack job done in a few evenings here, but I think a
cross-compiler mode will be more feasible than fixed sizes (assuming
that we won't cross-compile to larger integer sizes than supported by
the host, which I think is a fair assumption to make).

> Another problem is that currently it is propagated, but daikichi is
> not a dependency of fortunes-jkirchartz.
Well, it is a dependency in that you need a fortune program to read the
quotes.  Should I instead add a meta-package that propagates both?