Subject: bug#54662: 29.0.50; [PATCH] An mu backend for gnus-search

From: Jai Flack <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2022 12:29:13 +0000

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Jai Flack <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I'm not sure if you read the discussion on emacs-devel but the issue of
>> having a duplicate feature in-tree and as a package for Emacs 28 was
>> briefly discussed without solution.
>
> No, didn't read that.  Does that mean that the ELPA package doesn't work
> in Emacs 29?

The package works fine, it just redefines some symbols (to an identical
definition); I would just prefer to avoid duplicated code if possible.

I'm not sure how many users there would be of this as an ELPA package
for one Emacs version so it's very possible it's not worth the effort.

-- 
Thanks,
Jai

(Can never seem to get signed emails from Gnus that also look right in
plaintext)