Subject: bug#54662: 29.0.50; [PATCH] An mu backend for gnus-search

From: Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2022 08:25:21 -0700

Corwin Brust <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Sat, Apr 2, 2022 at 9:59 AM Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> I haven't actually read the patch yet -- does this need an ELPA package
>> in addition to the patch included?  And I don't think the Savannah
>> people are involved in the GNU ELPA stuff -- we administer that
>> ourselves.
>
> Savannah, given approval, would provide a source repository for the
> development of this feature and also a host for a dedicated page/site
> for it but, as you say Lars, would not have anything to do with adding
> it to GNU (or NONGNU) ELPA.
>
> Jai,
>
> Can you confirm that you applied for savannah hosting because you want
> a dedicated git (or SVN, etc) repo for this work or a web-page/site
> for it, etc?   If you don't need those things it might be best to
> cancel that submission.

I thought you needed a user account via savannah in order to gain push
access to ELPA and Emacs? It's been a while now, but I thought my
account (ie the ability to log in here: https://savannah.gnu.org/) was
what provided that access.