Subject: Re: bug#54653: 28.0.92; incorrect modification of completion-at-point-functions

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2022 17:37:48 +0200

Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]> writes:

> That `t` stands for "also run the global value of the hook" - see
> (info "(elisp) Running Hooks"):
>
>      If the hook variable is buffer-local, the buffer-local variable
>      will be used instead of the global variable.  However, if the
>      buffer-local variable contains the element ‘t’, the global hook
>      variable will be run as well.

So this seems to be working as designed.

Holger, what was the actual problem you were seeing with
completion-at-point-functions?  If don't you want to have
elisp-completion-at-point run, you have to remove it from the
buffer-local value from emacs-lisp-mode-hook (or remove the buffer-local
value altogether), I think.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no