Subject: bug#54646: 29.0.50; set-fontset-font and font clipping issues

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 19:49:28 +0300

> From: Visuwesh <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 20:37:10 +0530
> 
> > One more question: does this happen only with that particular font
> > used for Tamil?
> 
> I tried Meera Inmai, Noto Serif Tamil, Noto Sans Tamil, Catamaran,
> Kurinto Seri.  Out of which only Noto Serif and Kurinto Seri shows the
> problem.  Maybe it is a font issue after all? but (Ungoogled) Chromium
> which uses harfbuzz AFAICT renders the text just fine.

We also render the text just fine -- until you resize it with
text-scale-adjust.

Anyway, according to this:

  http://www.kurinto.com/download.htm

Kurinto fonts are a 3.1GB download!  Is there some place where I can
get away with downloading just the font for Tamil?