Subject: bug#54646: 29.0.50; set-fontset-font and font clipping issues

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 10:11:04 +0300

> From: Visuwesh <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 12:33:47 +0530
> 
> >   . go to the problematically-displayed text and type "C-u C-x =",
> >     then compare what you see with the results of "C-u C-x =" for
> >     the same text when it is correctly displayed
> >
> 
> The *Help* buffer also has incorrectly shaped text.

That's not what I meant.  I meant to save the information from *Help*
when the text is displayed incorrectly, and then compare it with what
"C-u C-x =" produces when the same text is displayed correctly
(presumably, if you restart Emacs?).

> >> [2] Modifying the fontset in `server-after-make-frame-hook' does not
> >>     make a difference.  I don't see the issue when I do not use the
> >>     daemon but I believe I haven't run the non-daemon session long
> >>     enough.
> >
> > Then please try running such a non-daemon session longer.  It is
> > important to know whether this is at all related to daemon.
> >
> 
> Yes, I will do and see if there are any changes.

Thanks.