Subject: bug#54636: dired fails to update subdirs when files are created/deleted/renamed

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 19:51:48 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi all,

sorry, this message has sit in my drafts folder since March, 30th but
apparently wasn't sent.  The fix was committed to emacs-28 on that day.

>> > If so, can we restore dired-buffers-for-dir to what it was in Emacs
>> > 27?  AFAICT, the only difference now is that you use 'when' instead
>> > of just 'and' -- is there a reason for that?
>> 
>> No reason except stylistic preference.
>> I can change that if you want.
>
> Yes, please.  And then please install on the emacs-28 branch.

Done, thank you.

Andreas, could you please test if the bug it fixed for you (not that I
did't try myself) and close the report if it is?

Bye,
Tassilo