Subject: [bug#54635] [PATCH v2 5/5] gnu: Add wfmash.

From: Arun Isaac <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2022 13:10:11 +0530

Thanks for reviewing and merging this patchset!

>> wfmash could be written to detect CPU features at runtime and there is
>> also --tune.

wfmash's speed is one of the critical features it brings to the
table. We might have rendered the package more or less unusable by
disabling CPU optimizations.

I could try talking to upstream about detecting and using CPU features
at runtime. But, I don't know too much about the topic. Any quick links
I can share with them?

> I've pushed these patches with a few tweaks and an additional patch to
> run a test suite based on the github workflow in the repository. The
> entire check phase takes ~2 minutes on my pinebook pro, so aarch64
> doesn't seem to need to skip some tests like riscv64 does.

I think it is better if upstream provides us a `make check' target to
run these tests. I have asked them:
https://github.com/ekg/wfmash/issues/130 Hard-coding their CI tests
makes the package fragile. In the future, upstream could change the
tests they run.