Subject: bug#54634: 29.0.50; Off-by-one highlighting

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2022 14:01:25 +0300

> From: Rudolf Adamkovič <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2022 07:35:08 +0200
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > I meant under the default value of show-paren-style.
> 
> Yes, the current behavior makes sense under the default style, but when
> highlighting parenthesized expressions, it does not.  Instead, it causes
> confusion.  For example, it makes me worry that Emacs will copy the
> marked expression without the opening parenthesis.  Given that the
> highlight exists to help the user, and not to confuse them, I decided to
> report this bug.  I hope it all makes sense.

If you can suggest a better setting for the priority/priorities of the
two involved overlays, perhaps we could change the priority only when
this style of show-paren-mode is used, and that would be an okay
solution.