Subject: Re: bug#54634: 29.0.50; Off-by-one highlighting

From: Rudolf Adamkovič <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2022 07:35:08 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> I meant under the default value of show-paren-style.

Yes, the current behavior makes sense under the default style, but when
highlighting parenthesized expressions, it does not.  Instead, it causes
confusion.  For example, it makes me worry that Emacs will copy the
marked expression without the opening parenthesis.  Given that the
highlight exists to help the user, and not to confuse them, I decided to
report this bug.  I hope it all makes sense.

Rudy
-- 
"Be especially critical of any statement following the word
'obviously.'"
-- Anna Pell Wheeler, 1883-1966

Rudolf Adamkovič <[email-masked]> [he/him]
Studenohorská 25
84103 Bratislava
Slovakia