Subject: bug#5463: closed (Re: bug#5463: Fringe / scroll-bar weirdness and redisplay troubles)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 09:48:03 +0000

Your bug report

#5463: Fringe / scroll-bar weirdness and redisplay troubles

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
5463: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=5463
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#5463: Fringe / scroll-bar weirdness and redisplay troubles
From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
To: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 10:46:30 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 10:38 AM, martin rudalics <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Can you still see this?

No, all three cases work as expected now. Thanks.

Subject: Fringe / scroll-bar weirdness and redisplay troubles
From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
To: Bug-Gnu-Emacs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 13:29:57 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

X-Debbugs-CC: [email-masked]

Some problems with fringe width, and also frame redisplay after moving
the scrollbars. This happens on Windows, with "GNU Emacs 23.1.91.1
(i386-mingw-nt6.1.7600) of 2010-01-24 on ODIEONE".

In the following captures, I've used

   emacs -Q --eval "(set-face-background 'fringe \"gray60\")"

to make the fringe more visible.

Problems:

 - Right at the start, the fringes aren't the same width (see
bug1.png). However, (window-fringes) => (8 8 nil)

 - After "Options / Show-Hide / Scroll-bar / On the Left", I see
bug2.png. The scroll bar has moved, and the fringes have switched
width.

 - Now, after "Options / Show-Hide / Scroll-bar / On the Right", I see
bug3.png. You can see the left side has not been properly drawn. In
fact, if I put the cursor somewhere in the buffer, Emacs redraws the
character that is really underneath (that's what causes the weird
"ownfbuf er" in the buffer's text).

Does this happens in non-Windows builds?

    Juanma