Subject: bug#54629: closed (Re: bug#54629: 29.0.50; Emacs crashes when I try to move scroll bar by grabbing it with mouse)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 03:41:02 +0000

Your bug report

#54629: 29.0.50; Emacs crashes when I try to move scroll bar by grabbing it with mouse

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
54629: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=54629
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#54629: 29.0.50; Emacs crashes when I try to move scroll bar by grabbing it with mouse
From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
To: Eric Spero <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 11:40:19 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Eric Spero <[email-masked]> writes:

> Great, thank you for the explanation. I will forward this message on
> to the Gentoo people tomorrow.

Thanks.  The adjustments to configure.ac have also been installed, so
I'm closing this bug report.

Subject: 29.0.50; Emacs crashes when I try to move scroll bar by grabbing it with mouse
From: Eric Spero <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 16:00:02 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Recipe:

- emacs -Q
- Grab scroll bar with mouse
- Move scroll bar up or down. As soon as you move the bar far enough that it is about to move up or down a line, emacs will crash.

I don't have any debugging output to report, but I can provide some if
needed. I don't believe I've ever used gdb before.

Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-Recipe:

- emacs -Q
- Grab scroll bar with mouse
- Move scroll bar up or down. As soon as you move the bar far enough that it is about to move up or down a line, emacs will crash.

I don't have any debugging output to report, but I can provide some if
needed. I don't believe I've ever used gdb before.

Thanks.gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.31, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2022-03-29 built on localhost
Repository revision: fbf2ed9a648d9c0f64519900acf1574d0d74692b
Repository branch: master
System Description: Gentoo/Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --datarootdir=/usr/share
 --disable-silent-rules --docdir=/usr/share/doc/emacs-29.0.9999
 --htmldir=/usr/share/doc/emacs-29.0.9999/html --libdir=/usr/lib64
 --program-suffix=-emacs-29-vcs --includedir=/usr/include/emacs-29-vcs
 --infodir=/usr/share/info/emacs-29-vcs --localstatedir=/var
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --without-compress-install --without-hesiod --without-pop
 --with-file-notification=inotify --with-pdumper --enable-acl
 --with-dbus --without-modules --without-gameuser --with-libgmp
 --without-gpm --without-native-compilation --without-json
 --without-kerberos --without-kerberos5 --without-lcms2 --with-xml2
 --with-mailutils --without-selinux --without-sqlite3 --with-gnutls
 --without-libsystemd --with-threads --without-wide-int --with-zlib
 --with-sound=no --with-pgtk --without-x --without-ns --without-gconf
 --without-gsettings --without-toolkit-scroll-bars --without-harfbuzz
 --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt --with-xwidgets --with-gif
 --with-jpeg --with-png --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-webp
 --with-imagemagick --with-dumping=pdumper 'CFLAGS=-O2 -march=znver2
 -pipe' CPPFLAGS= 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS IMAGEMAGICK JPEG LIBXML2
NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP THREADS TIFF WEBP XIM
XWIDGETS GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_CA.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: mu4e-headers

Minor modes in effect:
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  pixel-scroll-precision-mode: t
  hl-line-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  ivy-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  global-visual-line-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/es/.emacs.d/elpa/dash-20210826.1149/dash hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/dash/dash
/home/es/.emacs.d/elpa/f-20210624.1103/f hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/f/f
/home/es/.emacs.d/elpa/s-20210616.619/s hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/s/s

Features:
(shadow emacsbug view network-stream nsm epa-file erc-list erc-menu
erc-join erc-ring erc-networks erc-pcomplete erc-track erc-match
erc-button erc-fill erc-stamp erc-netsplit erc-goodies erc erc-backend
erc-loaddefs cus-start cus-load pixel-scroll counsel xdg sort gnus-cite
smiley shr-color mm-archive mail-extr textsec uni-scripts idna-mapping
ucs-normalize uni-confusable textsec-check qp prodigy f warnings
mu4e-alert time ht dash s alert log4e notifications gntp mu4e mu4e-org
mu4e-main mu4e-view mu4e-view-gnus gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view
mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus
dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus nnheader range wid-edit
mu4e-view-common mu4e-headers mu4e-compose mu4e-context mu4e-draft
mu4e-actions ido rfc2368 smtpmail mu4e-mark mu4e-proc mu4e-utils
doc-view jka-compr image-mode exif mu4e-lists mu4e-message shr
pixel-fill kinsoku url-file url-dired svg xml dom flow-fill org ob
ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src
ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table
oc-basic bibtex iso8601 ol rx org-keys oc org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
mule-util hl-line mu4e-vars message sendmail yank-media rmc puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils
mailheader mu4e-meta time-date swiper ebuild-mode skeleton sh-script
smie executable bookmark pp term/xterm xterm server flyspell ispell
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop generator
xref project company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev
company-files company-clang company-capf company-cmake company-semantic
company-template company-bbdb advice langtool projectile lisp-mnt grep
compile text-property-search comint ansi-color ibuf-ext thingatpt
persp-mode xt-mouse ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs use-package-ensure
elec-pair company pcase sanityinc-tomorrow-night-theme
color-theme-sanityinc-tomorrow undo-tree diff queue edmacro kmacro
cl-extra help-mode use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode ivy delsel
ring ivy-faces ivy-overlay colir color use-package-core finder-inf
site-gentoo tex-site info package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map url-vars seq gv subr-x
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl
tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice
simple cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite
emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
abbrev obarray cl-preloaded button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads xwidget-internal dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting
font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 639945 86824)
 (symbols 48 38432 1)
 (strings 32 185377 11752)
 (string-bytes 1 4959460)
 (vectors 16 92986)
 (vector-slots 8 1528388 82713)
 (floats 8 522 513)
 (intervals 56 3935 977)
 (buffers 992 32))