Subject: 29.0.50; textsec and ipv6 addresses

From: Aleksandr Vityazev <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 12:36:00 +0000

Hi,

in small networks people sometimes use not domain names, but only ipv6
addresses. If (setq textsec-check t), wich is also the default, all such links
are displayed as suspicious. ipv6 addresses contain colons and sometimes
left/right square brackets. Example:

#+begin_src elisp
(textsec-domain-suspicious-p "21a:34aa:c782:3ad2:1bf8:73f8:141:66e8")
 => "Disallowed character: : (#x3a, COLON)"
(textsec-domain-suspicious-p "[21a:34aa:c782:3ad2:1bf8:73f8:141:66e8]")
 => "Disallowed character: [ (#x5b, LEFT SQUARE BRACKET)"
#+end_src

I think it is not entirely correct. It may be possible to add additional
validation for such addresses in the textsec-domain-suspicious-p function.
WDYT?

-- 
Best regards,
Aleksandr Vityazev