Subject: Re: [bug#54618] [PATCH] gnu: lbzip2: Fix cross-compilation.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 11:05:40 +0200

Liliana Marie Prikler schreef op di 29-03-2022 om 08:07 [+0200]:
> +             (lambda* (#:key inputs native-inputs #:allow-other-
> keys)
> +               (let ((gnulib (assoc-ref (or native-inputs inputs)
> "gnulib")))
>                   (copy-recursively gnulib "lib")
>                   (setenv "PATH" (string-append "lib:" (getenv
> "PATH")))
>                   #t)))
Note that referring to inputs by name is discouraged. In this case, the
gnulib origin should be inlined (see ppsspp or gnome-recipes for
examples on how that is done).  I don't think there is a native vs.
non-native distinction for origins, but if there is, simply use #+
instead of #$.

I would go with

  (let ((gnulib (dirname (search-input-file (or native-inputs inputs) "gnulib-tool.py"))))
    [...]).

That way, no input labels are used yet package transformations are
still possible:

  (package (inherit lbzip2) (native-inputs [some inputs with a different gnulib]))

Greetings,
Maxime.