Subject: bug#54613: 29.0.50; uncomment-region in sh-mode deletes extra char

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 14:59:16 +0200

Filipp Gunbin <[email-masked]> writes:

> - Notice that `-' after "cat" disappeared

I can reproduce this issue, too.

What happens is that we have the following:

curl -s -d @- http://example.org <<EOF \
# cat -

with point after "cat -".  In that case, (comment-enter-backward) will
skip back past the " -", because comment-end-skip is

"[ 	]*\\(\\s>\\|
\\)"

And...  \s> matches the " -\\'"?  Hm.  I'm not sure what's the real
problem here is.  Should comment-end-skip have that value in shell
scripts?  On the other hand, commenting out bits of a heredoc-introduced
command with a continuation line is pretty hairy in itself.

I've added Stefan to the CCs; perhaps he'll have some comments.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no