Subject: bug#54609: closed (Re: bug#54609: 'guix refresh openmpi' no longer works)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 20:39:02 +0000

Your bug report

#54609: 'guix refresh openmpi' no longer works

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
54609: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=54609
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#54609: 'guix refresh openmpi' no longer works
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Philippe SWARTVAGHER <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 22:37:58 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Philippe SWARTVAGHER <[email-masked]> skribis:

> `git refresh openmpi` seems to be broken for this package:
> ./pre-inst-env guix refresh openmpi
> following redirection to `https://www-lb.open-mpi.org/software/ompi/current/'...
> gnu/packages/mpi.scm:194:2: warning: 'generic-html' updater failed to
> determine available releases for openmpi

Fixed in 2c73e654fe1b39f8cec6082a068a435ca2b7cfd1 by Attila, from
<https://issues.guix.gnu.org/54836>.

Ludo’.

From: Philippe SWARTVAGHER <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 14:49:24 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

`git refresh openmpi` seems to be broken for this package:
./pre-inst-env guix refresh openmpi
following redirection to `https://www-lb.open-mpi.org/software/ompi/current/'...
gnu/packages/mpi.scm:194:2: warning: 'generic-html' updater failed to
determine available releases for openmpi

The URL in
```
`((release-monitoring-url
    . "https://www.open-mpi.org/software/ompi/current")))
```
redirects to a URL containing only the major and minor version, the
patch number has to be found in the content of the page. I don't know if
something has to be fixed and where (in the openmpi package, or is it a
bug from `guix refresh`?).

Regarding the update, I looked very quickly at the changelog
(https://raw.githubusercontent.com/open-mpi/ompi/v4.1.x/NEWS), and
nothing caught my attention regarding the packaging.

Tested by building intel-mpi-benchmarks against this new version of
OpenMPI, succefuly built.

Philippe.