Subject: Re: bug#54598: 27.2; Bad interraction between modus-theme and hs-minor-mode

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2022 08:51:48 +0300

> From: Pierre Téchoueyres <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2022 20:57:37 +0200
> 
> > If you type that character into the buffer text on both systems, 
> > does
> > it look the same?
> yes see the attached images.
> 
> 1) show you that the width is larger on Windows
> 2) show you that the characters are the same

Not sure I follow: it looks to me like in buffer text the character
looks the same on both system, but as fill-column-indicator the same
character displays much wider on Windows than on GNU/Linux, is that
correct?

If so, I think the reason is the settings of the face attributes,
especially the background color.  What you see is the background color
whose width is (of course) the entire character cell, not the
character itself.  Can you explain these strange face attributes, and
what did you intend to achieve by using them?