Subject: [bug#54595] [PATCH 2/2] gnu: libfido2: Fix cross-compilation.

From: Thiago Jung Bauermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 19:12:25 -0300

Maxime Devos <[email-masked]> writes:

> [[PGP Signed Part:Undecided]]
> Pierre Langlois schreef op zo 27-03-2022 om 18:27 [+0100]:
>> Yeah, if we have this pattern often it sounds like a good idea.
>> However, better yet maybe could be to make the cmake build-system
>> handle
>> it automagically.  I see `PKG_CONFIG_EXECUTABLE' is part of cmake
>> itself
>> so that might be OK?
>> 
>> https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/module/FindPkgConfig.html
>
> Seems reasonable to me, though it that probably needs to be on core-
> updates due to many impacted packages, so that's more of a long-term
> thing.

IMHO the most correct way to fix this problem is in CMake itself. If
it's cross-compiling and there's a $TARGET_PREFIX-pkg-config in path,
then it ought to use it automatically.

I'm not volunteering to champion that solution though. :-)

So of course the next best thing is to make Guix's build system do that
for us.

-- 
Thanks
Thiago