Subject: Re: Should url-util require url-vars?

From: Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 23:40:46 +0100

On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 11:50 PM, Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> url-show-status is defined in url-vars.el.
>> url-http-content-length-after-change-function calls
>> url-display-percentage which needs url-show-status.
>>
>> url-display-percentage is defined in url-util.el. Maybe this library
>> should require url-vars?
>
> Yes.  Fixed now, thanks.

Thanks. Unfortunately there are more trouble. And I suspect serious
trouble. Please reopen the bug.

This is what I get in my *Messages* buffer on w32 after explicitly
loading url-vars.el (I have not rebuilt Emacs yet with your changes):

  (featurep 'url-vars)=t, url-show-status=nil
  error in process filter:
url-http-content-length-after-change-function: Symbol's value as
variable is void: url-show-status

The first line is just from

  (message "(featurep 'url-vars)=%s, url-show-status=%s" (featurep
'url-vars) url-show-status)

The second line looks very strange to me since url-show-status was
defined on the first line and it is defined in url-vars.el.