Subject: [bug#54581] Add emacs-sqlite3-api package

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 21:45:26 +0200

Roman Scherer schreef op zo 27-03-2022 om 19:55 [+0200]:
> I think my preference would be to go without generating the consts.c
> file, the patch works, it uses the same file the maintainer of the
> packages is using, and I believe it is less brittle. :)

I don't expect any practical problems but technically it isn't source
code, and rather a binary (or, as GPL words it, ‘object code’), at
least according to the GPL's definition:

  The "source code" for a work means the preferred form of the work
  for making modifications to it.  "Object code" means any non-source
  form of a work.

, and Guix builds things from source. I don't think constants.c is in
preferred form, rather it seems to be sqlite.h

Maybe it's not much of a problem here though, I donk't know.

I don't see the relevancy of what files the maintainer is using.  What
does maintainerhood have to do with anything?

Greetings,
Maxime.