Subject: Re: [bug#54580] [PATCH staging?] gnu: mrustc: Update to 0.10.

From: Pierre Langlois <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2022 15:05:22 +0000

Maxime Devos <[email-masked]> writes:

> [[PGP Signed Part:Undecided]]
> Pierre Langlois schreef op za 26-03-2022 om 14:16 [+0000]:
>> +    (supported-systems '("x86_64-linux" "aarch64-linux"))
>
> Looks nice!  Does this mean that the Rust version of librsvg can now
> be used in 'librsvg-for-system' on aarch64?

Yup! :-D

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
sapin ~/guix [env]$ uname -a
Linux sapin 5.16.16-gnu #1 SMP PREEMPT 1 aarch64 GNU/Linux
sapin ~/guix [env]$ ./pre-inst-env guix build librsvg 
/gnu/store/rqccc75f1iymm58fjjfwx91l2q595zix-librsvg-2.50.7-debug
/gnu/store/mkyzy04sg4hqwiajd513mpdq976mxc48-librsvg-2.50.7-doc
/gnu/store/1578swy07wm06ywnk49y5gxnwwb4haxn-librsvg-2.50.7
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Better yet, I have Gnome/GDM running on the pinebook pro! Now I'm also
trying to see if we can get icecat to build :cross-fingers:.  However it
still requires a few more changes to enable gnome, I'm having issues
with the following packages for example:

  - libmpeg3 doesn't build
  - exiv2's tests fail
  - mediasdk, svt-hevc seem to be x86-only.

I've not looked in details, just disabled tests/packages, we can look
into those more after we unblock rust.

Thanks,
Pierre