Subject: Re: bug#54570: [PATCH] gnu: Add parole.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2022 12:41:21 +0200

Ludovic Courtès schreef op wo 06-04-2022 om 10:10 [+0200]:
> Maxime Devos <[email-masked]> skribis:
> 
> > Ludovic Courtès schreef op ma 04-04-2022 om 22:54 [+0200]:
> > > +                  #:sh (search-input-file inputs "bin/bash")
> > 
> > FWIW, this line is unneccessary due to the 'patch-shebangs' phase,
> 
> Is it?  The default value of #:sh is (which "bash"), which is the wrong
> value when cross-compiling, isn’t it?

The default value is wrong when cross-compiling, so at least
temporarily, the shebang will be wrong.  However, %standard-phases has

(phases ... install patch-shebangs ...)

so after the 'wrap-parole' phase, 'patch-shebangs' is run, and this
phase will correct the shebang.

<https://lists.gnu.org/r/guix-devel/2021-06/msg00027.html> goes into
more detail.

Greetings,
Maxime.