Subject: bug#54562: 28.0.91; Emoji sequence not composed

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 15:15:35 +0300

> From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 19:47:21 +0800
> 
> Robert Pluim <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > ... except when you use the correct emoji sequence, which in this case
> > is
> >
> > U+0037 U+FE0F U+20E3
> 
> Hmm, odd, thanks.  I wonder why other programs display the original
> sequence correctly.

Why do you think what they do is "correct"?  AFAIK, we use the Unicode
Standard's definition of Emoji sequences to decide when U+FE0F
warrants an Emoji representation.  maybe those other applications
default to Emoji representation of every character that can possibly
have such a representation, but in Emacs such a default cannot make
sense.