Subject: Re: bug#54561: [PATCH 0/4] Add service declarations for Samba

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2022 23:35:48 +0200

Simon Streit <[email-masked]> skribis:

> +@cindex samba
> +@cindex smb

“Samba” and “SMB”.

> +The @code{(gnu services samba)} module provides Guix service definitions

s/Guix//

> +for Samba as well as additional helper services.  Currently it provides
> +the following services:
> +
> +@subsubheading Samba

Remove colon after “services” (what follows is not a bullet list).

> +Samba provides network shares for folder and printers,

How about:

  @uref{https://www.samba.org, Samba} provides networks shares for
  folders and printers using the SMB/CIFS protocol commonly used on
  Windows.

>  it can also be an
> +AD DC for other samba hosts in an heterougenious network with different

What’s an “AD DC”?  In general please expand acronyms on their first
occurrence.

> +types of Computer systems.

Lowercase.

> +@defvar{samba-service-type}

Please use @defvr as is done elsewhere in the manual.

> +The service type to enable the samba services @code{samba}, @code{nmbd},
> +@code{smbd} and @code{winbindd}.  By default this service type does not
> +run as an AD DC, hence @code{samba} remains disabled.  It is recommended
> +that Samba's package is added to the system profile to have the tool-set

Samba is now added to the system profile, right?  Should this sentence
be removed?

Ludo’.