Subject: [bug#54561] v2 [PATCH 0/5] Add service declarations for Samba

From: Simon Streit <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2022 20:21:26 +0200

Please find attached an updated patch series.

I've made slight changes as follows:

 * The reference to further config options in the manual have been removed.
 * Samba's (samba-activation config) procedure has been slightly modified,
 * better cleaned up, regarding the mkdirs.  I've done more testing and it
 * appears that samba will only run when /var/{lib,log,run}/samba exist,
   including /var/lib/samba/private.  In this case it is chmod now to o700 to
   be on the save side.  Debian's directory structure is world readable though.
   In Arch it is o700.  If anyone objects, please make it world readable.  It
   appears that Samba lives and breathes in these directories, so they better
   be put there. 
 * Regarding smb.conf -- while this service technically doesn't need it placed
   at /etc/samba -- is convenient to have it placed there for other tools part
   of the Samba family to read it, and so that others can quickly look into its
   configuration.  I'll leave this for further debate whether it can stay there
   or not.
 * The packages samba and wsdd are included in profile-service-type so that they
   are generally available in the system profile.

I hope I didn't miss anything out.

Simon Streit (5):
  services: Add samba service.
  doc: Add "Samba" chapter.
  doc: Add documentation for WSDD service.
  services: Add wsdd service.
  gnu: Add wsdd.

 doc/guix.texi          | 118 ++++++++++++++++++
 gnu/packages/samba.scm |  26 ++++
 gnu/services/samba.scm | 277 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 3 files changed, 421 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 gnu/services/samba.scm

-- 
2.34.0