Subject: Re: [bug#54560] [PATCH 00/47] gnu: Add go-github-com-prometheus-prometheus.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 20:59:03 +0100

Leo Nikkilä schreef op vr 25-03-2022 om 07:55 [+0200]:
>   * A couple of the Prometheus packages already existed under (gnu
>     packages syncthing), although unused. These look like remnants of
>     older packages. I kept them in the same module, but added new
>     packages under (gnu packages golang).
> 
>     There might be appetite to consolidate all of these Prometheus
>     dependencies under (gnu packages golang), I'm willing to put in the
>     work if that's the case.

The (... golang) module is already big (~10000) lines (*), so I would
recommend not putting it in (gnu packages golang) and instead looking
into creating a new module -- maybe (gnu packages prometheus)?
Non-Go prometheus-related packages could be put there as well

Alternatively, maybe the already-existing (gnu packages monitoring)
would be a good place?

(*) IIUC, crates-io becoming big has caused building guix to become
slower because bignums had to be used?