Subject: bug#54544: Network Issue

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 00:44:34 -0400

Hi Raghav,

Raghav Gururajan <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Maxim,
>
>>> It seems the last update to linux-libre-lts dates back to commit
>>> 2c7f2b40e2dbee48075147a87c6cd9b611dc5ba9 made on Jan 16 2022.  You could
>>> try reconfiguring with a commit older than that to see if it improves
>>> anything.
>> Sure, I'll try that. Interestingly, switching to linux-libre from 
>> linux-libre-lts, also produce the same issue.
>
> You're right. The issue happens on 5.15.x and 5.16.x, but not on 5.10.x.
>
> So, would this be considered a bug or an incompatibility?

I lost the context; could you please edit the title according to your
last findings (e.g. wifi driver X not compatible with linux-libre 5.15+)
:-).

If the driver is in-tree (maintained by the Linux project itself),
that'd be a bug for sure.  If it's instead out-of-tree (such as ),
perhaps it hasn't caught up yet, or perhaps we should update its
corresponding package.  One such example is
`rtl8812au-aircrack-ng-linux-module', which breaks every now and then
with new kernels.

Hope that helps,

Maxim